Wednesday, June 27, 2012

two peas in a pod baby shower!

A couple of weeks ago, my sister and friend threw us an amazing baby shower for the boys!! It was so exciting and DEFINITELY needed, because we basically had nothing for baby boys. Ad was born in October, and these babies are due 8 days after their birthday. So, had they been girls, they would have been SET on clothing/toys/everything basically. But.. wouldn't you know.. we're having two boys. So none of her girly items can be reused.

That's always how the cookie crumbles, isn't it!?

Well we tried to decide on a theme. If it had been two girls, I wanted "Tea for Two" -- like a little tea party with little pastries and such. I also liked Thing 1 and Thing 2 for two little boys. But in the end, we decided on Two Peas in a Pod. So many cute ideas on Pinterest and I do love the color green :) So we went with it!

Photobucket

First, my sister had the idea to make these adorable "two peas in a pod" sugar cookies. They were a t.o.n. of work and we really had no idea what we were doing! We had to dye the icing in 3 shades of green, make little baby faces, and it was just.. a lot of work! It ended up giving me huge contractions and cramps - seriously.. that's what happens when you overdo it with twins in your belly! But they turned out MIGHTY cute. I loved them!

Photobucket

We decided to have a brunch -- two kinds of breakfast casserole, little quiches, chocolate covered strawberries, a fruit tray, etc. It was all so so good. My family and friends are the best cooks ever, to be sure!

Photobucket

Photobucket

There were quite a few kids there - which Ad LOVED. She had a blast with her little friends and cousins:

Photobucket


And the gifts.. they were awesome!!! We are soo thankful and SO excited to use all of these little gadgets/clothing/gifts on our two sons. Two sons. What a weird phrase to say or think!!! I still can't get over it. It seems surreal and impossible. I know in my head that I'll be birthing two boys this fall.. but I haven't *really* come to terms with it. I'm wondering when/if it will all sink in... ? Adalyn knows two babies are coming -- she comes and lays her head on my belly, pats my belly, and says "babies!" When we ask her how many babies we're having, she proudly exclaims "TWO!!!" She is obviously so excited :) I'm unsure how much she truly understands, but this kid l.o.v.e.s. infants. Every single time we pass a baby in public, she exclaims BABY!!! -- it always makes their parents smile and laugh. She also likes to point out "Mommy" or "Daddy" depending on who is pushing/carrying the baby. She's gonna be all set when we have two little kiddos coming home with us. I think she's gonna be in total heaven.

I foresee her wanting to hold the babies all the time and especially getting them their blankets, diapers, and pacifiers. And she'll also be pointing out nose/ears/hair/eyes/etc. on them. I can't wait to see her in Big Sister action. Talk about sweetness.




4 comments:

  1. Look at her little face in that last picture!!!! What a cutie pie!!!! So, soooo glad I was able to be there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun....love the cookies! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't realize so much could go into cookies! haha! But, man did they turn out super cute! I'm so glad yall had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we look soooo young, even after having Adalyn. I feel and look like a grizzly daddy now. I cant wait to look back on this and reflect a couple more years down the road. :)

    ReplyDelete