Monday, February 6, 2012

Craft time!

I try to have craft time daily with Adalyn around 1pm because it...

-gives us something to do
-lets Ad learn in new ways
-helps her get used to holding crayons/markers etc. & using art supplies
-helps her learn to sit down & practice stillness while doing an activity
-lets me channel my inner art teacher :)
-is FUN!

I find most of my ideas from Pinterest - the best website ever. But I had a bunch of leftover tissue paper from a birthday present this weekend, so I thought it might be fun to make a little "stained glass" craft!

I let Adalyn help me use a glue stick, and I tore little pieces for her to stick down. She immediately caught on and had a little sheepish grin on her face as she stuck them to the paper! Mighty cute.

It wasn't long until she'd stuck a bunch down and had a couple stuck to her fingers. At the end, I said "Ta da!!" and she repeated Ta da & smiled huge! A big hit!

Glue stick + tissue paper = loads of fun for a toddler!





2 comments:

  1. Shes totally adorable! I think I will start doing that. It will give me and Elijah a bond and will teach him to sit still as well! :))

    ReplyDelete