Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 4: Chicken Casserole

I was a smidge weary of this recipe, because it's almost too simple.. if such a thing exists. I found this recipe in a family cookbook (written by my grandma, no less!), and my friend Amanda had been telling me about the exact same recipe! So I decided to give it a whirl!

It's so, so simple. A child could do it. If you allowed children to play with ovens. And raw chicken. Which you probably shouldn't!

Ingredients:
a tray of chicken breasts/tenderloins/whatever
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 8oz sour cream
box of Stove Top Stuffing

Cook your chicken [I boiled mine in just a few minutes]. Cut into bite-size pieces and put in a smallish Pyrex dish. Mix your chicken soup & sour cream and pour on top of the chicken. Prepare your Stove Top stuffing and put it on top. Pop it in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.

Photobucket

I know. It seems SO hard, right!? ;)

Oh, and this recipe appears on the back of the Stove Top box. So apparently this recipe is no secret to the rest of the world! It was pretty tasty though, I'll admit! Mark got seconds and already packed up the left overs for his lunch tomorrow, so it must be great!


I'll definitely be making this one again.. just because the ingredients are minimal and it tasted pretty darn good!

6 comments:

  1. Anything with sour cream is yum! Thank goodness Jarred will eat sour cream now -- he has to if he wants to stay with me!!!

    And I think it's so cute how much your husband loves your cooking. Good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom makes this with a little bit of a twist to it and it is FANTASTIC!!! Next time instead of the stove top on it take one and a half stacks of ritz crackers (crush them) and then mix it with a stick of butter (melted) and sprinkle that on top. It's the best part! We also sprinkle sliced almonds on top and it's delicious!!!!

    Kristin Fryer

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandma's recipe actually calls for the butter/ritz cracker combo! But my friend insisted on me trying the Stove Top! Next time I'll try the crackers! Sounds good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is... it really makes the recipe I think! But... then again... i haven't tried it with stove top either though! I'm interested to see which way you think is better!!!!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a delicious, easy dinner tonight. Mix crushed cornflakes (3/4 cup), parmesean cheese (3/4 cup), and a packet of powdered ranch dressing mix in bowl. Dip a piece of chicken in melted butter and then cover it with the cornflake/ranch/cheese mixture and bake it at 350 for 45 minutes. It was a HIT with my family, and SO EASY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can also do it with pork chops and cream of mushroom soup. So easy and so yummy!

    ReplyDelete