Monday, October 11, 2010

as promised..

A few days ago, I mentioned making chicken spaghetti. And I promised to share it (the recipe) with you. Then I forgot about it.. but I'm finally getting around to it today.

I got the recipe from News Channel 5 in Nashville and my mom suggested that I try it out! It's pretty much a typical casserole and includes all of our favorite things: chicken, pasta, mushroom soup, and cheese.

Yummy.

Photobucket

The great thing about this recipe is that it actually makes a huge pan of food. Normally, Mark eats every.single.bite. of the food I cook. But with this jumbo recipe, we actually had leftovers! I just used one tray of chicken tenderloins (super cheap at the commissary) and I guesstimated 8oz of pasta. I ended up only needing about half a cup of chicken broth.. but otherwise, this recipe was a hit!!! I normally hate mushrooms, but I loved them in this recipe.

Photobucket

Mark gave me a high-five for this meal.. which is the ultimate response from my husband :] Just click HERE for the recipe. Yummy!


~~~~

I'm less than a week away from my due date, and I'm extremely anxious! Well, if you go by ultrasound dating, I'm due today! And if you go by my digital ovulation tests, I'm due Friday. And if you go by my last menstrual period, I'm due Sunday.

Capish? :]

I'm going by the ClearBlue digital ovulation tests, so I know exactly when I conceived. Just for the record!

I actually thought that I was going into labor last night. While in Target, I started having many (MANY) consistent, powerful, long-lasting contractions. And they lasted for hours. While in the car on the way home, I got so tired that I couldn't even keep my head up. Then I came home and laid on the couch and slept like a rock. Contractions continued and eventually fizzled out in the middle of the night. I knew not to say anything, because I doubted that it was the real deal. And I was right!

But I have an appointment later today, so we'll see how things go! Our bags are kind of packed. Our pillows (we have to bring our own), suitcase, and diaper bag are sitting in the hallway.. just waiting to go! I'm so excited that I could explode. Piper has started completely ignoring me. She won't even sit next to me now. Last week, she would curl up around my belly and refused to leave my side. Now? She's at the opposite end of the couch. I wonder what this means!

Mark and I have been going on lots of dates. And, thanks to Columbus Day, I get the day off with him today too! So now we're just waiting and waiting and waiting. And I'm trying to soak up every single kick, wiggle, and roll that my baby girl does. Because pretty soon, she'll be born! And I can't imagine how much I'm going to miss this pregnancy.

Sniff! :\

5 comments:

  1. I MUST have that recipe!! It looks so good :) Also, tell Adalyn to hurry up please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in your final weeks! I missed being pregnant after I had both of my girls. Still do in fact--and my youngest is 10 months. It is such an amazing experience. Can't wait to hear your exciting news. Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, looks yummy!! And I'm sooooooooo anxious, too!!!! At first I thought you had ANOTHER appointment today, and I was like, "You have appointments every day??" But then I realized at the end you said something about M having "today" off, too, for Columbus Day. So then I wasn't confused anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a quiet reader of yours. Commented a few times, but not much. I've been following you since the beginning of your pregnancy and I'm so excited for you and Mark finally being able to meet Sharky!! Thinking about you these next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, first of all....the casserole looks delish! I will have to try it!

    Second, I'm so excited for you and for her to get here! Keep me updated!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete