Thursday, October 28, 2010

what's up with Adalyn.

Since having Adalyn, we've been a pretty "active" family. I hate the thought of just sitting at home with our newborn and never getting out of the house. So, despite the rules that my midwife gave me, we've gone out a few times. And we loved it.

She had her first pediatrician's appointment on Monday and weighed 7lbs 14oz, so she only lost 4 pounds. Afterward, we went and celebrated her bill of good health with a trip to Pizza Hut for the lunch buffet:

She had a poopie diaper and enjoyed an entire meal of breastmilk all while mama and daddy ate pizza and salad. Since then, we've ventured to Panera Bread and Barnes and Noble. She pretty much just hangs out in the Moby and loves it.

She loves stroller rides.

She loves her Miracle Blanket.

But most of all...

She loves her mom.


I mean, like, she really loves me. I was pretty scared about her newborn photoshoot today. And, as it turns out, I had every reason to be nervous. She wouldn't have anything to do with it. She just wanted to be attached to me (literally). I was sweating and getting pretty wound up inside, and we never did get the shots we wanted.

But now that I look back on it, how precious is it that she is SO attached to me that she doesn't want to be put down? It's the sweetest thing on earth. I'm blogging with a baby sleeping on my chest and it's the best feeling in the world. Actually, I'm sitting here crying because I realize she won't be like this forever. I love that she needs me so much and I want to soak up every single second of this age.

I love her so much. And if we only end up having photos of her crying in her 1-week photoshoot, I'll just tell her (when she's older) that it was because she missed me so much and needed me. And that's the best memory in the world to have -- a time when I could totally and completely comfort her.

I really, really hope she never grows up.




3 comments:

  1. I almost freaked out when I saw you said she lost 4 POUNDS!!!! Then I realized you meant ounces, lol. Whew! That was close!! And that was such a sweet post. :) We never did stay at home like our pediatrician told us to, either. It's not like we were letting strangers in public hold him or touch him. Sheesh! He was totally safe being out in public with us. Plus, it's nice to make the memories ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so comfy in your arms! She must be really light after losing those 4 lbs! Hee hee. Sounds like your soaking her up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yeah I was confused about the 4 pounds thing too. haha. :) I stalk you on facebook, you know. I may not comment a lot, but that's because if I did, I'd comment on every single thing I love. Then I'd get a bunch of notifications and get my hopes up. I'm a loser. I love you!

    ReplyDelete