Sunday, October 24, 2010

our little newborn :)



My family just left, our baby is fed, and Mark is cuddling her.

...So, time to blog (really fast!)

Things are going just amazing around here. Our baby is so sweet and content. The Miracle Blanket is her favorite thing on earth... next to breastmilk! We pretty much just sit around cuddling her, feeding her, photographing her, and enjoying life as a little family. Our first night at home went alright -- she woke up fairly often, but I could feed her right to sleep. Last night, she woke up 3 times to eat. She never cries at night. We hear her waking up and starting to root/smack her lips, and I feed her right away. Then she just drifts off to sleep.. for 2 hours, anyway :)


Mommyhood is everything I dreamed it would be. She's just absolutely perfect, and we're already best friends. Piper likes to stare at her and sniff her.. but, besides that, she's her old usual self! We love our life as a new family, and I swear that Mark and I love each other even more now that we're parents. He is such a big help and zipped into fatherhood like it was his calling in life. He loves to change diapers, wear her in the Moby, snuggle with her, and do anything he can to help.



Tomorrow is her first pediatrician's appointment! She breastfeeds like a pro, so I'm anxious to see how much she weighs! I love love LOVE being a mama. There's nothing better in life :)



8 comments:

  1. She is absolutely edible!! And I love the bow in her hair. :o) I'm so glad things are going well with her and that you are enjoying your family of 3 (well, 4 including Piper)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting on tenterhooks for you to update! She looks so peaceful and nothing like a newborn at all - love those chubby cheeks.

    I'm trying to work out if she looks like you or Mark but I'm not sure yet, different pictures make me think different things.

    The picture with the bow is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Sweetest little post about the sweetest little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! She is so precious she looks a lot like you!! That last picture she doesn't even look like a newborn, wow! What a cutie!! Glad to hear all is going well on the start of your journey as a mom. It is amazing isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's adorable, she looks like her daddy with her mommy's lips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so beautiful! Congratulations to you guys. She sounds like a dream- enjoy every.single.moment. with her! Even the ones soon where she starts to cry, just swoop her up and kiss her and cuddle her. Babies are so precious. You're giving me baby fever again =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Shannon! She's absolutely beautiful!! I'm so happy for the three of you! I'm glad she's eating okay for you...that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations! You have a beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete