Thursday, March 31, 2011

I wish: Parenting edition.

I wish I had given Adalyn a pacifier in the hospital. She gags on them now and will only take them for naps. But who knows - she might have hated them still anyway..

I wish I didn't let my blood pressure go through the roof when Ad cries in the car. I just don't deal well with driving & crying...

I wish I had worn her in the Moby more when she was a newborn. I miss her newborn newness.

I wish I had photographed her more in her first week home. I feel like I don't remember enough about that magnificent time in our lives.

I wish I could remember to get our blasted video camera out and make some home movies!!!

I wish I could have brought Adalyn's Kolcraft bassinet to Kentucky. She loved that thing and hasn't slept well since the day Mark left.

I wish I didn't have to ask God to forgive me every.single.night. for flipping out (over something dumb, no less..) again. Sigh.

I wish I could learn to roll with the punches. Will I ever just relax?! Doubt it.

I wish I hadn't held Adalyn so much while she slept... But she was so darn cute :) (still is!!)

I wish I could bottle her up and save her. I'm proud to admit that I'm one of those nutty people who never want their children to grow. I absolutely love her infancy.

The end.

Ps. I'm holding her through this nap. I need the break. :)

And just for fun, a glimpse of tonight's meal at Chick-fil-A:







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, she is getting so grown up. I wish I could bottle this time up too. :')

    ReplyDelete