Saturday, February 26, 2011

What We Do On Saturdays

On Saturdays, we have lots of fun.

First, my daughter decides to sleep in much later than normal and I, naturally, wake up at the crack of dawn. It's one of those mother laws of nature (not to be confused with the laws of mother nature?) - moms are never allowed to really get to sleep in.




I get ready in my own time, on my own terms, for the first time in months. Afterward, I go back to stare at the sweet angel face in my bed. I realize, again, how blessed I am.




We high-tail it to Clayton's last basketball game of the season and cheer way too loud. Everyone around can tell that we are Clayton's family!!




He scores a goal, and we shout from the rooftops with pride! Adalyn enjoys halftime with Poppy and C:




We then toot on over to the mall, because we girls shop on Saturdays!




Ad rides along in the Moby and is asleep in 5 minutes.




I mean really asleep. Her passy matches her outfit like a little lady ;)




But we get some cute summer things!



After lunch and another nap for Ad, it's time to grocery shop! I was out of Chocolately Delight Special K.. Which I eat every single day! Emergency! :)




Adalyn caught the eye of lots of women, and I got more Jell-O Temptations. Those things are the bomb, in case you've never tried them.

Adalyn was asleep by the time we checked out:




And stayed asleep, by some miracle, in her Big Girl car seat. She loves that thing infinitely more than her baby car seat!




After naptime, I eat a Healthy Choice meal while Ad watches:




It's okay; I don't eat the broccoli, though. Adalyn squinches her nose up when she smiles...




and we sing songs and laugh..







Then we play, play, play with toys! I watch Ad as she learns to spin the spinny things on her exersaucer and as she grabs the sun and spins the earth. Later, she sucks on Sophie and plays with her Bendy Ball.

And now? Nap #4 while I blog. Bathtime will be squashed in before bed, and I'll nurse her to sleep at 8pm.

I love LOVE Saturdays. So does my daughter!

And by the way, I'm a little exhausted :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. great post! It sounds like a fun time, busy, exhausting day! :)

    ReplyDelete