Monday, February 1, 2010

what do you like to eat!?

Food. One of God's most gracious gifts to mankind. One of my favorite aspects of being a human is that I can combine ingredients together to make a delectable meal. Let's take a moment and grieve other animals, such as my dog Piper, who is forced to eat what I give her. The same food and treats. Day. After. Day.

Poor her.

Ok. Done grieving. Now, I like all kinds of foods. So does my nephew, Hudsie:

Photobucket

Here, he is shoving a roll in his mouth in December. Boy takes after his mama. Yes siree. Bwhahaha. Anyway, I thought I would share with you my top 5 (current) favorite foods:


1. Guacamole:


For Pete's Pablo's sake, this is the best creation in the world. Avocadoey-tomatoey-oniony-cilantroy-salty goodness that makes my mouth water. I used to detest guacamole. In fact, I prepared it in my gourmet food's class and threw it all away. But then I traveled to Texas in July to visit Mark, and something came over me. I had never had guacamole in my life, but suddenly I was craving it big time (how is that possible?) Ever since, I've been in love with this green, gushy goodness. Now pass me a chip, and I'll continue with the list.


2. Pizza: I used to also hate pizza. Just ask my parents. When they announced that they were ordering pizza, I would pitch a fit. Kind of wacko, right!? Yeah, I think so too. On a given day, our freezer is stock piled full of Digiorno pizzas, pizza rolls, Totinos $1 pizzas, and 200 calorie Digiorno pizzas. It's kind of bizarre. I'm fairly certain that I could eat pizza every day for the rest of my life, and I'd never get tired of it.

Photobucket


3. Hot chicken wings: Special thanks goes out to my husband, the Buffalo Wild Wings/Zaxby's-fiend that I fell in love with. I'd never eaten these too much until I met him. Now? I eat them all the time. One of our favorite home-cooked meals is hot wings and fries. We're on a healthy kick, you see... ahem.

4. The Thanksgiving Extravaganza: Please, if only Thanksgiving could occur each week of the year. Turkey, ham, dressing, hashbrown casserole, deviled eggs, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes... the list could go on for years. I just can't get enough of that food. You already (maybe) know that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It's because the food totally rocks. Hashbrown casserole makes my world go round. Also, I may or may not have told certain people that, upon my death, hashbrown casserole must be served at my funeral.

Photobucket


5. Anything Mexican-ish. Just give me a burrito. A chimichanga. A taco. An enchilada. A quesadilla. Chips and salsa. Anything remotely spicy with a flare. It's all so good. Chipotle and Plaza Azteca are now at the top of my list, as far as food goes. In high school, I ate at my (old) favorite Mexican restaurant multiple times a week. Chips and salsa never gets old, does it?!

I guess now the secret is out: I'm not a health nut. I hope you keep reading my blog and I hope you still love me.



Now, pass the chips!


7 comments:

  1. How about I love all of those foods? How about it. Seriously. Love them all. Well, we are twins, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these foods too, except frozen pizza. Jason and I have discovered buying pizza crusts, sauce, and toppings and LOVE them so much more. They seem to be a bit fresher (more fresh?) than a frozen pizza. It also seems a bit more cost efficient since one jar of sauce goes such a long way, as well as a bag of pepperoni. LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely on board with Mexican food, though I'm not a fan of guacamole. I used to tell my brother-in-law that I didn't eat foods that had the word "moley" in them. =P

    And now, I've ventured into a love of Chinese food. Weird. Maybe I should branch out more often, because I definitely "hate" a lot of foods that I haven't ever tried. Maybe I could do a post about foods I've been converted to, like you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still don't like guac, even though I'd put a sliced avocado on a turkey sandwich any day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love Guacy as my kids call it and Mexican too I am super excited to find out we are getting a chipoltle here mid feb. YEAH!! and LOVE LOVE LOVE pizza we have a make your own pizza night where the kids love to add their own fresh toppings and make it their own..Yummy but we too love chinese food in this house can't get enough...

    ReplyDelete