Sunday, May 16, 2010

18 weeks!

Photobucket
photography by Daddy :D


How far along? 18 weeks 2 days :)

Total weight gain: 6lbs! A smidge "under average."

Maternity clothes? I can still fit in pre-pregnancy jeans and shorts, but I definitely love my maternity shorts the best. And I definitely need larger-than-normal shirts!

Sleep: Getting better!! YAY! Now I only wake up to use the restroom, and I can fall back asleep pretty fast.

[I would just like to say that Baby Cox is doing flips inside me right now. Is she loving the Mexican lunch we had? Or is she excited for this blog post?]

Best moment this week: Mark feeling her kick on Friday, at exactly 18 weeks. He said she "is like a shark" and it shocked him to death. When he felt her, his eyes got super wide and he said, "OH my gosh!! I felt that!! Woah. WOAH." Haha!!!

Movement: Yes! She always becomes a squirmy wormy during church during the sermons. I'm pretty sure she loves our pastor just as much as we do :) ..and she moves all during the day on a normal basis.

Gender: Our sweet daughter!!!

Labor Signs: Ha, no!! But I'm looking more and more forward to labor. You can call me crazy if you want, but I know God created me (and every other woman) to do this magnificent thing. I can't wait to experience it.

Belly Button in or out? Way way in.

What I miss: Laying on my stomach (it hurts to even try).

Weekly Wisdom: Search CraigsList on a daily basis for sweet deals. We found a brand new bumGenius 3.0 AIO (all-in-one) pink cloth diaper for FREE. She even included 100 rice paper sheets! .. I might explain how to use those at a later date.

Milestones: Inching closer and closer to our half-way mark. Not sure how this pregnancy is zooming by so quickly, but it is. Slow down, time! I want to savor each millisecond of this time with her!


Photobucket


I'm feeling pretty good these days. I still don't have any "cravings," but I will say that she definitely loves Mexican food. Still. We're signing up for birthing classes this week -- which we will take in August & September. It's an 8-week course through Birth Works, and we're very excited!

We're contemplating on hiring a birth photographer and nixing a maternity shoot. It's a pretty popular thing in our area, and we've found a great, affordable photographer. More on that later.


Today we're going to buy me a patio chair so I can sit outside and become a crispy critter get a little suntan. We're so happy. We're so in love, having a baby girl, it's summertime, and I'm about to get a new nephew. I'm pretty sure my life is just grand!!!


6 comments:

  1. It was so fun to feel our baby kick that night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1. You're gorgeous!
    #2. *SO* excited M got to feel her move! Just wait until you can start *seeing* her move! It's incredible!
    #3. Super neat about the birthing photographer...go for it!
    #4. We'll be praying for your L&D, and praying that it goes how you want it to go! :D
    #5. I *CANNOT* believe how fast your pregnancy is going. Now I know how you felt with mine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I believe in the "average" weight gain thing. I've found every woman is different. I've gained about 17 lbs & I'm 34 weeks on Tuesday.
    Pregnancy does go by so very fast! And I've heard time only goes by faster once they're here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I'd get a comment on me saving "under average" which is why I stuck it in quotation marks :) Just going by the doctor's recommendation for my height.

    And thankkkkkks Britt!!!!! <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you are enjoying life pregant! You look absolutely beautiful! You look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad Marck got to feel her kick! :) Thats awesome. Matthew hasn't been able to feel that yet. You look so pretty! I can't believe it's going by so fast either! I'm itching to start on my nursery! But since I don't have anything yet, I can't yet. I need to get some dresses because they seem to be the best to show off your cute pregnant belly!

    ReplyDelete