Sunday, August 15, 2010

an update on my pregnancy.

Our sweet little one often has hiccups now, and Mark loves feeling them from outside my tummy! It feels like a gigantic heartbeat beating rhythmically. Thump. Thump. Thump.

:)

I haven't been blogging lately - I'm so bad! I have so much to catch you up on!

We started our birthing classes on Thursday - we had so much fun! Is it weird for me to admit that it was really, really romantic? The first two hours were a general overview of the class and a big question & answer session. It was extremely informative and Mark even loved it! I will say -- it's so cute to see him talk about contractions, breathing, how he's going to support me, etc. Just SO adorable!

Our class is so long that we actually have snack time. Our teacher brought carrots and hummus, so I tried it for the first time! The last half hour was relaxation time where we worked on deep breathing and moaning.. and Mark (and the other dads!) took the opportunity to give us all massages while we were there!

Yesterday was spent running around town and shopping - so fun! Truthfully, I can't really remember what we did yesterday. I don't seem to have much of a brain these days. My belly is stretching so much and so fast that my skin actually hurts. I had a midwife appointment on Friday, and it turns out that our daughter is shoved on my right side, which is why I'm having so much rib/side pain. My belly button is just about gone. I'm getting super anxious for her to get here. I just really want us to have our special family time. Now, please!

I've gotten all my scrapbooking supplies, so I've been working on my pregnancy scrapbook. I have about 4 pages to go, and then I'll be all caught up! Between that and my "Belly Book," I'm pretty sure I've documented just about everything throughout this pregnancy! :)

Nesting has officially kicked in gear. I want to throw away every.single.thing. in our house. Somehow, my dining room table has collected a ton of stuff that I have to "go through" and find a place for. I still have lots of work. Next up: our hall closets and the spare bedroom. An added bonus is that we'll remove all the "junk "from our lives before we move, so it will make things much easier. I also discovered that I have a ton of brand new Yankee Candles that have really never been burned much (maybe twice?) so now we're enjoying the many scents throughout our home. Right now: Mrs. Claus' Cookies.

I've also been dreaming about childbirth and our baby nearly every night. I distinctly remember a couple nights ago that I had our baby, and I realized that I'd never washed her clothes or cloth diapers -- I was completely unprepared for her arrival! I have our special Rockin Green raspberry soap to wash her things in. I'm sure it will be wonderful!

Mark is playing with Piper in the floor. Our clothes are drying in the dryer. I have a huge pile of scrapbook supplies on the loveseat. Our living room smells like cookies. I'm looking forward to my nightly back massage!


2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good weekend! You're on top of scrapbooking, I still have about 4 pages left on my wedding scrapbook....from last May :/ Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm ready to see that list!! :) I bet it will be so so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete