Tuesday, July 20, 2010

nothing to write home about.

Yesterday I tried one of those $5 Dinner suppers. It was okay - I hate to say this, but we could "tell" that it was a $5 Dinner. BUT, it was very cheap, filling, and something out of the ordinary. Mark liked it and even took the leftovers for lunch. So, what the heck, I'll share it with you:


Cook some rice. We buy the "rice in a bag" because it's easier. We cooked two of them.

Brown 1lb of ground beef, drain it.

To the beef, add one 8oz can of tomato sauce, a pack of taco seasoning, 3/4 cup water, and we added a lot of cayenne pepper, as we do everything we cook.

Mix it together. Top with cheese and pop it in the oven to melt the cheese. Eat with tortilla chips.



...Now wasn't that easy? I mean, I don't think it was anything to write home about. But if your husband likes things like that, it's a nice (cheap) alternative to the usual dinners around the house. It's actually called "Mexican Rice Casserole," but I chuckle at the "Mexican" because it's anything but Mexican. But was alright! So if you have those ingredients laying around the house - and many of us do - it's a nice alternative. But nothing to write home about.

~~~~

I have like zero motivation. Though I've been cleaning all day in order to get our house perfectly spick & span before we leave on our trip. I'm just way too excited about leaving tomorrow afternoon that that's all I can think about! Mark's the same way. We are SO READY to be back home! It will be so much fun, and hopefully we won't be too busy.

My tongue is burnt from the potato soup I ate for lunch. Tomorrow is my gestational diabetes test. I am scared of failing, though I have no reason to suspect that I will. Yesterday I bent down to pick up something off the floor, and the baby moved to the side, and her butt was physically sticking out of my stomach. If only I had my camera in my hand. I poked it, and she went back to her usual position.

I'm off to go hang up clothes and do more laundry! :)



1 comment:

  1. lol! Her butt was sticking out? thats pretty funny, even trying to vision it. and that sounds like a good meal, I might have to try it one day! :)

    And I have no motovation right now either. It's late yes, but my son wont stop moving around. Oh, and I wont be on facebook as much as I used too. Trying to stay off of it for a while. Just wanted to let you know. I'll still post pictures and such, but I'm just trying to stay away for a while. I don't need it.

    I'm sure you'll do fine on your test. My numbers were really low, according to my midwife.. 66 was my numbers. My iron levels were really good too, and I"m measuring right at 28 weeks, all is good! :)

    ReplyDelete