Thursday, July 1, 2010

stream of consciousness: a wonderful day



Graydon is so cute. I could eat him with a spoon. I love that he has enough hair to "style," eyes bluer than the ocean, and a face just like Clayton's. Mmmm baby love.

Mark got home early today, due to the upcoming holiday, so we made the most of it and went on our bi-monthly trip to the grocery store. I got 4 tomatoes and 2 peaches, and I'm very excited about it. It clearly doesn't take much to excite me.

Afterward, we decided (on a whim) to get Chinese food, which we hadn't had in over a year. Then we trotted off to Barnes and Noble so I could look at children's books. I found a book called "Daddy's Girl" that made me cry in the middle of the bookstore. The little girl on the cover even looks like a kid we'd have - decked out in curly hair and all! I also decided that I could spend $5,000 on books alone for our little girl and still want more...

We're Going On a Bear Hunt
The Little Engine That Could
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Guess How Much I Love You
Caps for Sale
Corduroy
The Rainbow Fish

...And the list continues. Forever.


So the trip to Barnes and Noble was fantastic, and I was reminded of some VERY awesome books from my childhood. And then, do you know what we did? Why, we went to see Eclipse, of course! ...I'm an avid Twilight fan. And, though Mark's never read the books, he loves he movies.


The movie was fantastic, of course. I'm still irritated that she picked Edward in the end, but I won't get into that on my blog. We did see a preview for Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows, and it looked five billion times better than Eclipse. Just sayin.

Tomorrow, we're going swimming and stuff. We're eagerly counting down the days until we're back in Kentucky (20!)




1 comment: