Wednesday, July 29, 2009

believe it!

I can't believe it.

I can't believe that C is so grown up. Yesterday, this conversation occurred:

Me: Wow, I love your leg hair, C!
C: Thanks!! :D
Mommy: Why do you have leg hair, C?!
C: Because I'm a man.
*laugh laugh laugh*
Mommy: How old do you have to be to become man??
C: 16.
Me: Wow!! 16!? *giggle*
C: ...okay. Fine. 18.
Mommy: What happens when you become a man?
C: Then you're the boss.

True dat.

What the heck happened here? How did he grow up?! Geez.


I can't believe that Mark is currently at his first graduation briefing. Nope. This sure has NOT gone fast or "flown by" or any sort of thing. It has creeped by, and we are sick and tired of him being away. But what on earth will it be like for him to be home? I want to hurl just thinking about it. We will likely be out and about all day everyday. He misses the fine things in life, such as: McDonald's, going to the park, seeing friends, going for a drive in his own car, and lounging around & watching tv. Ahh.

I can't believe that my invitations are finally done. Granted, I'm still missing about 5 people's addresses. And, granted, I've only sent out one invitation. And that was to Brittney. Because I only had one stamp.

I can't believe I'm not going to be here for Thanksgiving. For the first time, I will not be surrounded by my family for my favorite holiday. How on earth will I make: an entire turkey, an entire country ham, hashbrown casserole, broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, green beans, corn, sweet potato casserole, squash casserole, stuffed celery, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie ALL BY MYSELF?! Drat. It looks as if I might have to slim down the menu for just us two. Maybe.

... is it possible to make all of these dishes (except macaroni & cheese and mashed potatoes) days in advance and freeze them and cook them all on Thanksgiving Day? Aunt Tinker? I know you're reading this. Advice?!?!? I can't go without my favorite foods. I just can't.


I can't believe school is about to start. Nope, not for me. But for my sister, the best Kindergarten teacher in the universe, and my big nephew. Blah. What does that mean for me, you ask? It means that my summer is about to take a huge plunge into boringness. BUT, maybe this means that Huds & I will be able to enjoy lots and lots of outings together.


We are now #10 on the housing waiting list. Things are coming along smashingly.






5 comments:

  1. it's almost party tiiiiiime! and C is so big! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute.:] Are you not coming back home for Thanksgiving? That would be lovely!

    PS I feel extremely special.:] Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welllllllllll... see Thanksgiving is on a Thursdays, and that is stinky. If it were on a Saturday, we could def make it. But it's on a Thursday. and we have a lot of family come, and they have Thursday off each yeah, so that's when we have it. SOOO... I guess it'll just be us 2 for our 1st Thanksgiving. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you see, you buy a small hen (which tastes better anyhow, and just a very small ham...I have faith in you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember my first Thanksgiving away from home. It was truly weird. I was kinda lost on what to make. So we just went to the deli got some sliced ham and turkey, made some rolls and set out some cranberry sauce and made some stuffing. Yes truly weird indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete