Wednesday, July 8, 2009

bunch of stuff.


I've mentioned this book before, but I finished it on my way to Texas. I was literally holding back the tears on the plane. The last book to make me cry was Tuesdays With Morrie, and that many years ago, if that tells you anything!


God: "Evil is a word we use to describe the absence of good, just as we use the word darkness to describe the absence of light or death to describe the absence of life. Both evil and darkness can be understood only in relation to light and good; they do not have any actual existance. I am light and I am good. I am love and there is no darkness in me. Light and Good actually exist. So, removing yourself from me will plunge you into darkness. Declaring independence from me will result in evil because apart from me, you can draw only upon yourself. That is death because you have separated yourself from me: Life."


This book is about a man named Mack who takes his kids on a camping trip. His youngest daughter, Missy, is 6 years old and winds up being kidnapped and brutally murdered. They find her dress covered in blood in an old shack in the woods. Years later, he finds a note in his pocket asking him to go to the shack. The note is signed by God. Against his better judgment, he goes there and finds the Trinity. Only, it isn't what you'd think. God takes the form of an African American woman, Jesus takes the form of himself (a carpenter), and the Holy Spirit is an Asian woman. Sounds weird, right? I bet you're thinking this is heresy, but I can't explain how it is not. The only thing I can say is that "God" in the book explains that he is neither male nor female, and he can take any form he wants. (Later in the book he takes the form of a man). The book basically answers the question of: Where is God in all my pain? The book covers questions such as: Why does God allow such terrible things to happen? Does God truly love me? How could God love me and let this happen? It shows a different side of the Trinity than you've ever seen. I truly cannot put this book into words, but it reminds you that God does have a plan. We are totally screwed up on earth, so we have no ability to see the "bigger picture." But God is at work through it all. So is Jesus. and the Holy Spirit. And the book shows how the Trinity works together perfectly.

I seriously urge you to get this book. It's only about $10 at Walmart. It's a "Christian" book, so it's found at LifeWay as well!

It's sooo good. and it will leave you CRAVING Heaven like never before. Go buy it!



God: "...It's because you have such a small view of what it means to be human. You and this creation are incredible, whether you understand that or not. You are wonderful beyond imagination. Just because you make horrendous and destructive choices does not mean that you deserve less respect for what you inherently are -- the pinnacle of My creation and the center of My affection."

this book reminded me of how fond God loves of all of us. We are his children. He loves each of us deeply - more than we can ever understand.


-------------------

I just wanted to post 2 pictures of my adorable nephews. These were taken by my sister last week. She just got a new fancy schmancy camera. Yeehaw!





-----------------

Today, my older nephew, C, sat next to me and said:

"I am so glad that I met you. You are so great, and you are my best friend."



and then my heart melted, of course.




3 comments:

  1. We're interested in that book for sure...thanks for sharing more about it! And OH MY...how are C's eyes so stinkin' blue?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea. Especially since his dad's eyes are DARK brown and my sister's are brown too!! My mom has blue eyes, but not THAT blue. He's just special :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNEW YOU'D LOVE THE BOOOOOOK!!!!!

    see how I couldn't explain that it wasn't blasphemous when I was explaining it to you? It really does sound blasphemous when you're like, "God is a woman, and the Holy Spirit is asian, and they are telling Mack how to deal with stuff."

    ...whaaaaa? But yes! I'm so glad you loved it! I was bawling in it too. I have to go read it again. :)

    ReplyDelete