Thursday, July 16, 2009

TILT & huge news.

I'm obviously starting with the big news, because I don't want to make you wait!

I got an email from a Ms. Christy Brewer (uhm - this is almost the exact name of one of my best friends. very strange) - she's the Langley Housing person. So anyway, she says that there is room for us in base housing there (!!!!!!!!) and that we will be living in Bethel Manor. YAHOO! We are number 15 out of 25 on the waiting list, but it says that there is a 0 day wait - since we won't be needing the house until early September. Once we get there, she says we will "select our home" - but online it says we are scheduled to get a 2 bedroom house.

On the housing website, it shows the floor plans of all the homes. There are only 2 types of homes with only 2 bedrooms.


Click here to go to the floor plan site

view Sparrow and Truman - but ignore Maverick (it's really 3 bedrooms)


I am extremely excited - we won't be living in a box on the beach afterall! ;] Although I am fairly certain that we're going to wind up in a teeeeeny old house. Oh well. It's just the two of us, and we will make the most of it.


------------------------------
Now time for TILT (Things I Love Thursday)

Remember when Brittney wrote this post and raved about the new Yankee Candle lip balm? and remember how I ran out and bought it the day after she posted it? No? Well, I did.

And I am in love.

I initially got Buttercream and Strawberry. But today I went and got Vanilla Lime.




There are only two remaining flavors that I lack: Black Cherry and Vanilla Cupcake. Too bad that I hate cherry. I'll add the cupcake balm to my collection later! It is the best lip balm EVER created. It leaves your lips perfectly smooth and soft. I love all three equally!



and now that my lip balm resembles a street light, I'm even more impressed. They are only $2.99 each. And I use mine constantly but they are holding up nicely! So go out and buy you a little tube! Brittney and I both can't be wrong!

---------------------

Today marks the 40 day countdown until Mark comes home. 40 is a special number in the Bible - as it is found literally everywhere. I'm hoping that if Noah could stand the flood for 40 days and nights, and Jesus could stay in the desert for 40 days, and if the Israelites had to wander in the wilderness for 40 days (etc etc..) that I can surely make it through 40 days!

Whatever will I do when I leave my hometown? What will that be like? Crazy, that's what.


8 comments:

  1. MMMMM...I want to try the lime one! That's the one Chris wants me to get next.:] I hope they come out with even more flavors! YUMMY!

    AND YAY FOR BASE HOUSING!!!!!! WHOOOOOOO! I can't wait to see it when you get there and get it all homey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. to tell you the truth, I think I actually MIGHT like lime the best!! It has such a clean, simple smell. It isn't overpowering at all. I also really really love green :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then I can't wait to try it myself!:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. On that note - it's very odd that Yankee Candle would create Buttercream AND Cupcake when there are only 5 flavors total. Those two have almost the exact same smell. The first time I went in, the ladies were helping me decide, so they brought both big candles over of buttercream and vanilla cupcake, and they both just smell like.. dessert. lol. I wonder why they didn't get 5 drastically different flavors? Even the lime one has Vanilla in the name. I think apple would be good.. a pumpkin pie (YUMM), some kind of blueberry flavor.. there is one called Kiwi Berries, so that sounds really yummy! or maybe tropical fruit. They need to put me on their marketing/design team. Or put both of us! I don't know whose bright idea it was to only make FIVE lip balms with 3 having a vanilla smell, but that just wasn't very smart. lol. I really hope they make new flavors! I'm sure they will. I just hope they are popular enough to keep more flavors coming. I would have NEVER known about them if it hadn't been for you. So, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They need to make one at Christmas that smells like their cookie candle. That way, you'll even smell like you've been baking haha!!

    YAYYYYYY for base housing! The floor plans look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm here!!!! I have to go buy some of that stuff. I think i'll do it today!! And PS. YAAAAAAAAY HOUSE!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to try the lip balm too. Maybe a tad expensive for such a little tube, but soo good. I'm glad the Vanilla Lime is getting bought because I hate lime. I bought the cherry flavor for everyone who doesn't like it too! But even for a cherry lover like me, it's very overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I love the second picture. I see a progression from the Van. Lime that looks like it's been used the least to the srawberry that looks like it's been used a lot.

    ReplyDelete