Tuesday, July 28, 2009

some news. and a schpeel on reading.

hey y'all! No real news here - but we did move up to number 11 today on the housing list! Now it says we're 11 out of 21. Yesterday we were 19 out of 29. Odd. But I ain't complaining! No word yet from Housing Lady, but I'm checking my email 5million times a day, so I will tell y'all the instant I hear from her!

------------------------

Sadly, both shelters at our favorite park have been reserved by some fun, cute family that has planned a family reunion. Shucks! This means that our party has been moved from August 29th to Sunday, August 30th. It will be from 3-5pm! If you know me & regularly read my blog, keep an eye out for an invitation heading your way! I just need more postage stamps!

------------------------

C has now learned to pluck Mary Had a Little Lamb on his cello from memory. He sings his notes out loud as he plucks them. It's extremely sweet. I took pictures of him yesterday as he was practicing - but the pictures are on my sister's camera. So good luck on ever seeing those...

------------------------

I have a new fascination with Flintstones Vitamins.

These dudes are as good as candy. I'm serious. I eat them for FUN. Just because I want to. I even sometimes go over the recommended daily amount for a human over the age of 4. They give me what I need to grow and stay healthy. They're $6.50 at Target and 1 jar lasts a month! Yum yum. The normal gummies are also tasty! C loves them too and will even eat them off the floor if he drops one. Haha....

-------------------------

My sister goes back to work next week. Sigh. This is tragic news for me. What in the WORLD am I supposed to do for a month while waiting for Mark to come home?! And C will be off to real preschool too! Today we found workbooks in the dollar section at Target. They are AWESOME books with great quality. Our 4-year old can already read sight words and basic short stories. He has a new-found interest in the states of our country and loves finding which state "Mark lives in." If you have a preschooler, there are fabulous resources in the current dollar section of Target. Kids LOVE learning - especially when they are being taught by their parents (or super cool aunt) for fun. And if you have a little one at home, there are also great books in the $1 section as well!

And, don't forget - the number of books in a child's home is the most important indicator of future literary success in school!

And no, I don't normally give a huge schpeel on my educational opinions. But I deemed this to be important! Read to your children as SOON as they're born!


Here's a link explaining the importance of reading to your child starting at birth!

-----------------------

Mark got some kind "outstanding" score on some retreat thing. I don't know what the fudge that means, but anything "outstanding" for Mark's squadron is INCREDIBLE news!




Today's Tuesday - that means it's Duggar night! Have a fabulous night!



1 comment: