Monday, August 24, 2009

run down.

I might have laid it on just a little thick yesterday during my big whine-o post. Today went much more smoothly. The barking went to a minimum, the resting to a maximum, and Fazolis was mixed in the middle.

Copying straight after Christine, I would now like to give you a small run-down of my day.


Potty breaks galore. Only two accidents today - both pee. I'm thankful.

Photobucket

Got the bright idea to stuff our puppy in Mark's boots. Piper hated it. She growled at his combat boots for a good 5 minutes. Just wait until her soldier daddy comes home.

Photobucket

Marveled at the new hair growing on the back of Hudson's head.

Photobucket

Watched our dog gnaw on the swing set and give me a look that says, "Whatchu lookin at, Willis?!"

Photobucket


Fed our dog a strawberry. She didn't understand the concept. Left it uneaten on the front porch.

Redeemed our coupon for 2 free spaghettis at Fazolis. Ate them as Piper watched longingly. Whoever heard of a dog eating spaghetti!? You know, apart from The Lady and the Tramp.

Got to watch Birth Day and almost the full episode of The Doctors. Glad to see the Go Girl discussed on the show, in light of MckMama. Found out that bee stings can be helpful for pain and arthritis. Don't count me in.

Waited for Clayton to come home and took Piper outside. Lots of soccer ensued. Turns out, our dog is a soccer fan. I just know Mark will love her.

Photobucket

Also turns out that Piper is a ball hog.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Was proud of our puppy as she has become more kid-friendly in the past week. She tolerates both children well and loves to snuggle and sniff Clayton.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Got word that my husband passed his final test and will definitely be coming home. Now he is an official electrician.



Realized that my dog is actually good. Realized that she is barking for a reason. Just as babies cry for a reason. Realized that I was probably high strung yesterday and I just need to cool it. Realized that we have a really good dog. Even if she hates walking on a leash. Even if she thinks the kitchen is a good pee spot. Even if she sometimes gets a tad too wild. I love her, and I realized I need to enjoy this puppy stage rather than wish it away.


Photobucket



She gets to meet her daddy in three days, and I am very, very excited about that.





4 comments:

  1. Cute! Glad that today is a better day. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! The pictures of C and Piper are so so cute! I'm so happy today is so much better for you. And you are just barely outside hour mark! That's like 1x1!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally just reread that and realized it didn't make sense. I meant to put just barely outside the 24 hour mark! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yaaaaay!!!!! :) i love that you copied me. umm, except yours was WAY better. hmph.


    ps. LOVED the picture of clayton and piper with the ball. he's so stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete