Sunday, June 21, 2009

our honeymoony.

I started this blog in February. Over a month after Mark and I were married. None of you know about our honeymoon. I just never mentioned it. I'm taking that opportunity now.

Mark and I went on a 7-day cruise to the Caribbean on Carnival Valor. It was great. We went to the Bahamas, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas.


Took us nearly 4 days to figure out our way around the ship. Huge is an understatement.


Took a tour around the Bahamas 'cause it was a misty/overcast day. Saw some poor houses and saw some rich mansions. Found out that they still hang people in that country & they've used the same rope for over a hundred years. Toted my Mrs. bag from Heart Strings around town.



Went to Atlantis and sat in the huge chair. Felt like a real King and Queen. Which we are.


Watched my husband take pictures of the ship at night. Wind blew my hair to smithereens.


Smiled pretty for my husband one night at dinner.


Ordered lobster tail and shrimp. Couldn't believe I was eating like royalty. Felt the urge to order 5 lobster tails, but decided against it. Didn't want to look too greedy.


[on a cruise, you can order as much food as you want. you can order 1 of everything, if you'd like. it's all included!]

Arrived in St. Thomas and marveled at the beauty.



Posed for the camera before we took off for our first excursion.



Rode on a boat for a long time in the middle of the Caribbean and marveled at my hunky hubby.



Put on a mask and jumped into the water. Struggled to swim with flippers on. Finally got the hang of it, stuck my face into the water, and began hyperventilating. Yelped for hunky hubby to rescue me. Hung onto his neck for ten minutes while I recuperated. Eventually got the hang of snorkeling. Took pictures with our waterproof camera.



Hopped back on the boat and stared at my husband some more. Enjoyed some punch on the boat.


Found out firt-hand that all modesty goes out the window in St. Maarten. Saw lots of naked, saggy, wrinkly boobies on the beach. Stayed there for about 10 minutes. Sat on the sand because we were too cheap to pay $50 for a beach chair rental a piece. Took a taxi back to the boat and hung out together alone on our empty ship.


Enjoyed more yummy dinners together. Discovered that we really like Brie and Gouda cheese. Tried escargot (snails) for the first time and enjoyed them. Tried lots of new things for the first time. Discovered that anything is worth trying when it's free.


Held a glass of Mr. Pibb constantly while on our cruise. Discovered that ice in the Caribbean is not the same ice that we have in Kentucky. Posed with Mr. Pibb at various locations on our ship.


Enjoyed more food with my hunky hubby. Made rich Canadian friends. Thanked them after they bought us champagne to celebrate our honeymoon. Took one sip and was so glad that I don't drink. Nearly threw up from the disgusting taste. Realized that alcohol is gross and a waste of money.


Was ready to come home after seven days. Took pictures of birdies as we arrived back in Miami.




Left our room, said sayonara, and continued loving hunky hubby.

Received a $12 check from Carnival Cruise Line two weeks later. We love saving money so much that we didn't spend our on-board allowance from the cruise line. When we booked our cruise, gas was $4. By the time January rolled around, gas was down to $2. So they gave us money back. Bwhahaha. We really couldn't find a single thing we wanted to buy. We searched and searched. Oh well.


So, there you have it!


6 comments:

  1. remember that one time i commented on your albums from your boneymoon? I believe i sent about 900 notifications your way. my badness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BONEYmoon? are you trying to make a sick joke, Christine?!?!?! :D hahahahahhaaaaa...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I continue to find it funny that we have/had a lot of the same clothes. And that you got a shirt from AE that I realllly wanted but never got.:]

    Oh, my favorite picture is the one with you in your yellow cardigan. I adore your entire outfit! (Oh, and btw, I have that same cardigan in pink!)

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahaha. typo. oops :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty sweet! Amanda and I are getting married July 11th and honeymooning in Helen, GA at a Bed & Breakfast for 3 days and hiking at Amicalola Falls State Park for the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha! I loove American Eagle!! the next cruise we go on will be the Disney Land & Sea package. It's.. expensive.. but it combines Disney World for 4 days with a 3 day cruise to recuperate from standing in line for 4 days in the heat of Florida :] cruises aren't really our thing since they KIND of focus around gambling, drinking, etc... and we are extremely boring... we totally ordered Fireproof on our tv for $9 one night.. haha!!! but cruises are cool because everything's included, so it's great. unlimited food is always a perk for us!

    ReplyDelete