Friday, March 6, 2009

my mom is so proud.

I think I might have missed my calling in life.

Instead of special ed, maybe I should have majored in Martha Stewart!

This past Wednesday, we made apple pies from scratch. First of all, let me say that I hate apple pie. And even if I liked it, there is no way I would fool with a pie for 3 hours! Insane. Coconut pie, chocolate pie, and well... any other pie is way better.


First up: the crust. I wanted to brag about myself simply show you my crust. With no holes. No tears. and how my homemade crust is absolutely perfect.

Wow, you'd think I could be a little more modest about my pie. But surprisingly, I'm happily willing to brag. Just this once.



Now we put the filling in the crust and put the strips on top. Martha would be very disappointed, because I didn't overlap my crust. Sorry mom & Martha Stewart. I completely forgot.




The finished product! Ooey, gooey, and delicious. Well, delicious according to my parents, anyway.




In case you're wondering, I'm over here dying. Seriously. I get the puke/diarrhea virus annually. So I knew it was coming. Well, my dad brought it home... so naturally I got it. I won't go into the icky details, but I nearly died last night. I was literally crying for my husband. Blah. Today my body is killing me and I'm extremely weak. Never too weak to blog, however. ;]

My new Air Force wife shirt came in the mail. It's super cute. I will have to post a picture or something, for you people who like to know every detail of my life! Yes, I'm talking to you.

Oh, and last of all, I must say that God was GREAT yesterday! My night class was canceled. My stomach was kind of hurting around 4pm, but I could have gone to class. I was supposed to do a presentation too! Well, if I had gone to class, I would have been dying in the bathroom at WKU. It's a miracle that my night class was canceled! Holy moly.

2 comments:

  1. heeeyyyyy....we made pies in one of my classes last year. everything from scratch. i think on pie day my partner and i made chocolate chip. gotta have my chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  2. choc chip > apple pie. apple pie is gross to me.

    ReplyDelete