Tuesday, January 12, 2010

60!? or 40?!

It's Day Two of Video Week! So fun. I am really enjoying sharing sweet memories with you!

Today's video comes from May 10, 2009. C was 4 years and 5 months old. Here, he's practicing Junior Bible Quiz with my dad (his Poppy). He answers all the questions correctly, but he gets mixed up on how many days it rained during the "Great Flood." Was it 60?! Or 40!?

I posted a video of him practicing JBQ a long time ago, but this is never before seen footage. I personally think C is absolutely adorable, but I'll admit it: I may be a tad partial.

I'm a huge HUGE advocate of Junior Bible Quiz. The proof is in the pudding seen here as a child memorizes biblical facts before he even attends preschool.

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6






4 comments:

  1. Adorable!! Where do you find those JBQs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a program in different churches. It's actually an Assembly of God program, so we just omit 1 or 2 questions that Baptists don't agree with (ex: one is that speaking in tongues is a topic of 1 question). It's a program for Kindergarten - 6th grade and there's varying difficulties of questions. Example: little kids memorize those types of questions. 4th-6th grade memorizes big chunks of scripture word-for-word. They also memorize more difficult things, such as the 12 sons of Jacob. However, mostly Baptist churches do it now.. but was originally a AoG program. Even my sister did it when she was a kid.. so it's been around for about 20 years.

    JBQ basically WAS my childhood :) I didn't do any sports or anything. Just JBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah, they also have Teen Quiz, which is where teens memorize HUUUGE chunks of the Bible and different meets are based on different books of the Bible. Our church only had Teen Quiz for a little while, but it didn't go over very well.. but I always wanted to do it :[

    ReplyDelete