Friday, January 22, 2010

nothing much.

It rains every day here in the winter. I'm serious. Not a day has gone by that it hasn't rained. Our backyard is a little flooded. Piper has to wade around the standing water to find the least-drenched spot. It's dreary all the time, no joke. But visions of water parks and beaches fill my head. I'm holding on to summer for dear life. I can see it in the horizon. Just a few mere months away...

Tonight we went and saw The Lovely Bones. It was alright. I remember the book being not so weird and bizarre (redundant?) Mark thought it was "okay." It's just a really weird story, told from a really weird perspective. That's all. I had the buffalo tender basket. He had the chipotle tender basket. I used all my ranch dressing, then went over and dipped a fry in his. He whispered "Heyyy... " then gave it to me because he knows I love to dip everything in ranch. In my defense, I hadn't eaten all day really. I'd felt sick, so I had lost my appetite. But as darkness fell, I had a huge appetite. So there you have it. Even so, I gave half my meal to Mark. As usual! :)

Tomorrow we're going to VA Beach and/or Chesapeake. I don't know what we'll do.

Still trying to create an itinerary for April when my family comes to visit. Located some really neat stuff, but everything is nearly 4 hours away. What a bummer!

Right now I have a puppy dog butt on my shoulder. I rest my head on her back and she sleeps there. It's like a fluffy pillow that's warm and breathes. My stomach still hurts. I'm wondering if I've caught some kind of bug or something. Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning.

Two days ago, I gave Piper a mini faux hawk:

Photobucket


Personally, I think she enjoyed it. My stomach is hurting again, so I'm out of here. See you tomorrow. And thank God (literally) that it's Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. The ranch dipping sauce from Chick-fil-A is my absolute favorite! I dip my fries in it, YUM! :D

    Also, hoping you feel better today, but I'm thinking you are since you're out & about. :)

    I can't wait for Saturday Snapshots later today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. I LOVE P's hairs. Love.

    ReplyDelete