Thursday, January 28, 2010

interview with a five-year-old

Photobucket


I can't believe how grown-up Clayton is. It seems like yesterday that I was catching projectile spit-up in my hand and lathering his butt with Desitin. Like yesterday when he followed me everywhere and insisted on always being around me. Like yesterday when I babysat him and tiptoed in his nursery every 10 minutes to make sure he was still breathing.

Photobucket

Sigh.

But here he is: going to school, working on his first school project (more on that later!), and telling his mama, "You know... we don't have to talk all the time.." He's five years old, going on 16, and it breaks my little heart.


Yesterday, I called my sister and had her ask certain questions to Clayton while he was taking a bath.

Here are his answers:


What's your favorite thing about school? Playing at recess

What do you not like about school? Nothing

What's your favorite center? (after much thought) Legos

What's your favorite thing to do at home? Play with toys

What's the best thing about mommy? Cooks me food

What's the best thing about daddy? Playing video games with him

What do you like to do with Husdon? Play in the bubbles


Photobucket


What do you want to be when you grow up? Builder & football player

If you could go anywhere in the whole world, where would you go? Virginia*

What's your favorite Bible story? When Samson gets his hair cut

What do you miss doing with Shannie? Playing toys, building Legos, playing with her

Who's your best friend? Shannie*

Who's your best friend at school? Caden.


Photobucket





*No bias. I swear. He really just loves me more than anyone. I can't help it.. :)



3 comments:

  1. i love this. you're on a roll with precious posts lately. true. miss you, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post!

    Blessings,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute! he's getting so big..oh and I know you are not bias, my nephew used to say the same things when he was that age...one time he even told my mother-in-law that I was his "good mommy" :/ whoops! he just really loved his "tia". But sadly, he is almost 8 and he has grown out of all that :(

    ReplyDelete