Wednesday, September 16, 2009

another update.

Our house is full of suitcases. We're using a gigantic microwave box as a makeshift trashcan. There are many pieces of white board in our living room that will soon be a cabinet. Our walls went from a terrible shade of pure white to a lovely shade of avocado green.

Little pieces of Mark's uniforms are strode around our home. Now that I type it, I realize that strowed is actually spelled strode, and I feel pretty dumb for not knowing that.

Our kitchen now includes: 1 microwave, 1 pumpkin pie pan, 1 chip & dip tray that I made a few years ago, and a Martha Stewart dish towel.

Last night we slept on hardwood. My husband made me a little pallet of his clothes and bath towels to comfort me. He used a jacket as a blanket. I felt sorry for him.

Tonight we are painting the second coat of avocado on our walls, and later we will paint our bedroom Posh Red... as Valspar calls it. I must admit, I never thought I would be sleeping in a Posh Red room by the beach. Nope. Never dreamed it.


We're making our house a home.. one day at a time!

We spent a good portion of our day at Finance - working on getting back about $2,000 for moving. Free money for doing nothing is always good. It also puts us at ease knowing that the thousands of dollars we're spending at various stores will be paid back by the government.

Whew.

We are very much looking forward to tomorrow: Our first Ikea trip to Woodbridge, Virginia. Very, very exciting.


See you tomorrow!



3 comments:

  1. i'm so excited for you guys. It's precious that PM made a pallet for you. I'm so happy that you are making your house a home. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green it is so welcoming! I am so excited for you and jealous my boyfriend and I are still waiting to hear if our offer was accepted on a house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I live in Northern Va. If you are going to be at Ikea in Woodbridge make sure you go across to Potomac Mills Mall...you will be amazed!

    ReplyDelete