Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Mystery of Virgina: Part II

Today's mystery includes the Subways of Virginia.

and I ain't talkin about the underground transportation system. But that would be cool.

Like I said before, I love Subway. Mark and I eat there very often. But, as with all things Virginia, the Subways here are weird. Actually, weird might be an understatement.

One of my favorite sandwiches is chicken teriyaki. I like it with lots and lots of veggies, sweet onion sauce, and LOTS of jalapenos.

But here in Virginia, they don't actually have chicken teriyaki. They have regular chicken and they squirt on some weird sauce. I think it's teriyaki sauce, but it tastes and looks nothing like the chicken teriyaki in Kentucky. And, actually, it doesn't even look like chicken teriyaki anywhere.. since that sandwich is on loads of ads, I've seen lots of pictures of what it should look like.

Well, it's gross. I don't like it. Virginia is only one state east, and Subway is a national company. Why do their sandwiches vary so much!? It's a mystery, I'll tell you that.

And on a similar note, what's up with the "new" Buffalo chicken? Here, they don't even have Buffalo Chicken. Very sad, indeed.. since it is one of my favorite sandwiches. At any rate, I've eaten Buffalo Chicken Subway sandwiches for years in Kentucky, so why is it suddenly "new" and for a "limited time only" ?? ... does anyone have the answers to these mind-boggling question!?


Tune in next week for more Mysteries of Virginia. There will be loads more.. I have a sneaky suspicion.


2 comments:

  1. I never even knew Subway had buffalo chicken until this past week. And I just briefly saw it at our Subway in town. Never knew it even existed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love subway. any shape, form or fashion. true :) I don't have the answers to your questions, though, but I would love to taste them. :)!

    ReplyDelete