Friday, September 18, 2009

Piper turns 15wks and more about our home. Shocking.

Our pup is now one day shy of 15 weeks old.

She can now: sit on command, stay (when we give her a treat, we place it on the floor and ask her to stay until we allow her to get it), and she now 100% of the time uses her Poochie Bell!

Well, what the fudge is a Poochie Bell? It's a contraption that hangs from our back door around our door knob. It reaches down about a foot from our floor - and it has four bells attached. We ordered ours in an adorable pink & green striped pattern. When Piper needs to go potty, she walks up to it and nudges it with her nose/paws. It literally only took us about 2 days to get her totally trained to use it. We love it! It eliminates barking by the door. At my old house, she would stand at the door and assume you saw her. If you didn't catch her by the door in time, she would pee on the hardwood. Now she just rings the bell! What a sinch.

We have a ginormous Petco in Hampton. It's amazing, and it puts our old Petco to shame. Tonight we got her a little doggy bed - so we'll see how it goes.

Piper loves many things in life, including (but not limited to): empty water bottles, her stuffed raccoon, treats that taste like cheese and beef, her Kong passy, and snuggling with us like crazy.

Her new-found hate in life is a Swiffer. She hates it. When Mark busts it out to clean our floors, she goes crazy and barks her head off. According to friends, their dogs hates Swiffers too. I wonder if the creator of the Swiffer knows that dogs hate their products.

Our home is coming together very quickly. On Monday, the cable & internet man comes to install everything (thankfully!). Our washer & dryer came today, so we are washing many loads of laundry. We only have one more coat of Posh Red to do, and then our bedroom walls will be complete.




Mark assembled our bookcase today. So far, it only holds pictures. But soon it will be full of much more!

We can now get to Target from our house without the use of a GPS. And by "we" I mean that Mark can drive there while I sit in the passenger seat and watch.

One of the walls in our living room is made out of the same concrete blocks that we had in public school. You know - the rectangle ones that are painted white. Attractive, right? We chose not to paint it . Someday I'll be brave and upload pictures. Maybe tomorrow.

I had a good birthday. For lunch, we went to the MacArthur Center, where they sadly did not have a Gap. We ate at Chilis, and I had a grilled chicken sandwich. I discovered an adorable baby store that sells many products that I've had my eye on. We found a bargain-priced candle from Kirklands that smells like Pumpkin Cookies. It was $6.

Tonight we went to KFC to get a little taste of home. We also headed back to Target, our trusty store, and got more supplies for our home (shocking). I have a feeling that we need to invest in Target stocks, because I'm sure that we (alone) are keeping Target above water in this recession.

Mark is walking around with a video camera and filming (and narrating) our first home. Piper is eating a soggy, nasty bone on our Ikea rug. I am exhausted and am now 22 years old.



Hi Mom and Dad!

5 comments:

  1. Your new home seems to be coming together nicely! I love that red color. you need to post more pics of your first home once it is all done; I would love to see how you decorate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how cute your house is. I can't wait to see all of it!! :) it will be so so so cute. Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a bell on the back door for Cooper to use too when he needs to go outside!! Sometimes though, he likes to ring it just so he can go out and bark! HAHA

    It sounds like the house is coming along very nicely!!!! :) Can't wait to see pictures of the finished product!!

    And this is Amber by the way...I had to use my "screen name" to post a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY PIPER!!!!! Lily rings her bell sometimes. I am looking forward to the next few weeks though (since Lily is only 12 weeks old!) and seeing if she starts catching on more, since Piper was older when you introduced it to her and she got the hang of it. :]

    I can't wait to see your house become a home when you get it all decorated! Only two more days and all your things will be there. Woo-hoo!

    Oh, and I CANNOT wait to come visit!!!! You *have* to take me to the baby store in the mall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo that bookcase is so awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete