Wednesday, September 23, 2009

today!

Went to the post office on base, stood in line for a long time. Got a "change of address" card. Filled it out. Realized we still don't know our zip code. Lady filled it in for us. Gave her our car payment check. Left.

Went to the base Community Center. Asked for directions to get to the Education Center. Got a base map. Again. Left.

Found Edu Center. Went in. Looked lost. Saw classes going on. Finally found where to go. Met with lady. Lady was no help. Lady told me that I have to "figure things out on my own." Made a joint appointment with Mark to meet with a counselor. Realized that trip was no help at all, and I'm still very lost on how to go about getting a master's degree.

Searched high and low for the Hampton City Treasurer's Office. Finally found it. Registered Piper with the state of Virginia. Got a $40 off coupon to get her spayed. Or is it neutered? We'll just call it "fixed."

Plugged "BB&T" in on our GPS. Traveled and found it. Waited around and was helped by a lady with a really weird accent. Thought she was actually joking at first, but then realized that's how she actually talked. Laughed to myself inside my head.

Went back home and had a Totinos pizza. Heard Mark say, "Oops..." from the kitchen. Walked to the kitchen and saw his entire pizza in the kitchen floor. Laughed really hard because he had just said, "Now this is how you cook a pizza!" .. Mocked him by saying, "And is this how you drop a pizza in the floor?!" :) Laughed together. He put the pizza back in the oven to "kill off the germs." Was grossed out by it all.

Held Piper in my arms and cuddled big time with her. Realized I really love my dog, and we are really attached to one another.

Dug the scale out of the car and weighed myself. Realized there was a 10 pound increase since Mark came home. Wanted to cry but held it in. Vowed to stop drinking cokes and restricted myself to water, organic milk, and orange juice. Knew there was little chance of me actually sticking to the plan, but felt like pretending for the sake of my sanity.

Plugged "Kroger" into the GPS. Was pleasantly surprised to know that there is one just down our street. Was also pleasantly surprised to see that our Kroger has an ethnic section with real foreign food from real foreign countries. Nevertheless, walked swiftly by the weirdo food in weirdo bottles that looked weirdo. Knew I'd never buy any of it but felt comforted by all the neat selections.

Bought ingredients for this week's meals, which include: chili, cheesy baked chicken, enchilada chicken bake, beefy nacho thingy, and breakfast casserole. Also picked up a can of Manwich, because you can't go wrong with sloppy joes. Ever.

Came home, laid on the couch, and decided that you must see these pictures of our Pipey. She is truly a doll.


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. i love this. i'm sorry that the stupid lady was lame. :( booooo. i love your precious pup. and i most of all love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe, girl dogs get spayed. :] I didn't know either until my mom told me when we had Bindi!

    Also, lame about Edu. lady being a big flop. Grr. I hope you eventually find someone who actually understands the definition of the words "to help."

    Annnd, Piper is so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your little dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete