Sunday, September 13, 2009

our new home in VA

Today has been pretty eventful. After breakfast at the most crowded Cracker Barrel in the world, we went to our new neighborhood! We pulled up in our driveway, peeked in, and took some pictures. Piper loved it immediately. In fact, she was so smitten, that she pooped in our yard. I think it's love at first sight.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we have carpet downstairs. That just means that Ikea will play an even bigger part in decorating our home. I'm pretty excited.

Right now we are using the hotel's internet. We don't move into our home until Tuesday. And then I don't know when we'll have wireless internet. So these are the best pictures I can give you until then! Sorry.. I know they're horrible. If you need a better view, just click on the picture, and it will take you to my Photobucket account. There, you can enlarge the picture to see it better!


Photobucket
Mark & Piper in front of our home!



Photobucket
View down our street! So cute and homey.



Photobucket
Car port!



Photobucket
View of half of the stairs. And the blinds in the way.



Photobucket
Part of the pantry & a view of the stairs.
Again, bad picture :)


Photobucket
Living & Dining room..
A horrible picture, I know!



Photobucket
Our backyard!





Photobucket
A sign at one of the gates.

Photobucket
Um, a water tower. With water :)

Photobucket
Officer housing
(For you, Britt!)

Photobucket
Pretty scenery on base...


We did go to the beach, but dogs weren't allowed on this one. So far our city is.. huge. We don't really know where anything is. Yet. We're enjoying our time while Mark doesn't have to work. We saw a Vet Clinic on base, so tomorrow we will see if they board dogs. If so, hopefully we can arrange our trip to Ikea this weekend (after we see if Mark has to work or not). Later, I'll post pictures of our trip to Virginia! :)



5 comments:

  1. Oh, Shan, it is soooo cute! And I LOVE the tree in your backyard! Aw, I can't wait until you move in and we can see actual inside pictures, especially after you decorate!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I know.. I look like such a creeper.. taking pictures from the windows!! :D I can't wait to go look in. I reeeallly want to scrounge around! Oh, and we have a gas stove. My mom thinks that's good, but I prefer electric :\ gas stoves get SOOO HOT. We had them in our Gourmet Cooking class.. and standing over a fire will kill you. yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps Britt: We saw the Langley Intelligence Center! It looked important. Maybe Chris will get to work here!!!!!!!! And then we can come over to your officer house and we can pretend like we're cool like you two :) That was weirdly worded. Not like you two PRETEND that you're cool, but that me and Mark will pretend like WE'RE cool. Um, yeah. The officer housing is SOOOO FREAKING NEAT. You will be shocked. When you come and visit, we'll drive you through it. It looks like heaven. It looks SOOOO fancy. Like, wow. You will never want to leave!!! Our next door neighbor is a Staff Sergeant, so it isn't anyone young like us. Anyway, that's all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cute! Congrats! Like Brittney said I can't wait to see pics of what you do to the inside!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i could actually see the picture of the dining room. It was super hard to see, but I ignored the reflection, and it was actually easy to see the room. It looked like a big room! :)

    ReplyDelete